Uploading a PDF to your WordPress blog is very similar to uploading an image. The uploading is the same; its the use after the upload that differs. When you upload an image, you want it to display inside your post, but, when you upload a PDF, you want to link some words to it so Adobe Acrobat(tm) Reader can display it.
- Upload the PDF using the Image upload mechanism in your version of WordPress. Two ways to get there are:
- Go to the Media Section of the WordPress Master Menu.
- Look for the PDF and choose to “edit” the PDF. I call this a “fake” edit because you cannot edit the PDF itself. You edit the information about the PDF.
- On the edit screen, look for the File URL. Copy the long URL.
- Go to the Post (where you want to include the PDF)
- Find the words in your post that you want to link, or, add the words to your post.
- Select the words
- Select the link icon (looks like a chain on its side)
- When the link dialogue box appears, paste the URL of the PDF in the URL box that has http:// in it. After pasting the URL into the box, look at the beginning of it to make sure that you have only one “http://”. If there are 2 or none, your link will not work.
– Choose open in a NEW window
– Enter a Title that is Keyword Rich (Help Google help you)
– Class – no changes here (for my clients)