About Adventures Online
Adventures Online was founded in 1997 by Karen Callahan. Adventures Online designs, develops, maintains and hosts websites, installs and customizes WordPress blogs, provides WordPress training, in person and over the phone, writes custom PHP programs, performs Organic Search Engine Optimization, and offers Website consulting and contracting services.
To complete your project, Karen assembles a team of professionals with the specific skill set required to accomplish your goals. These professionals range from graphic designers, to copywriters, videographers, multimedia professionals, printers, marketing and public relations professionals, to business consultants.
Adventures Online has extensive programming and database experience and is available on a contract basis to complete portions of larger Internet projects. Karen is often referred to as the “Web Developer that the Web Developers call.” Some sample PHP/MySQL modules that Karen has developed.
Karen is an avid networker and participates in weekly and monthly meetings. She is a member of:
- BNI (Marlborough Chapter) – general business networking group
- Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce Karen has served on the Board of Directors for the Chamber for over six years and currently Co-Chairs the Government Affairs Committee with Emily Greenwood of EKG Networking. Karen is the Chair-Elect for 2017.
In 2014, Karen was a Board member for The Communicators Club in Worcester, MA. In earlier years, she was a founding member of the local chapter of the Association of Internet Professionals (AIP-495) and served on its Board of Directors in 1990-2000, and, a member and 3-term Board member of The Women’s Network in Westborough, MA.
See also Community Involvement and Support.
- February 14, 2014 – Karen presented “The Value of a Website in a Social Media World” at the monthly meeting of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Business Council
- December 2013 – Karen published a second Kindle book under a pen name
- September 12, 2013 – Karen was honored by the local Rotary chapter as an Honorary Member of the Marlborough Rotary Club
- June 2013 – Karen presented in Plymouth, MA at the Annual Half-Year Meeting of the Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association
- October 2012 – Karen attended PubCon 2012, the premiere SEO/SEM annual conference, in Las Vegas, NV
- September 2012 – Karen Callahan published her first Kindle book, “SEO for WordPress Power Bloggers“
- November 2009 – Karen attended PubCon 2009 in Las Vegas NV.
- February 2009 – Karen Callahan is named 2008 Business Person of the Year by the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce membership!
- December 2008 – Karen attended the Luxury Travel Expo and Home-Based Travel Agent Expo & Conference in Las Vegas. She attended the technical sessions in order to better understand the Internet strategies being used in the travel industry and especially the use of websites, texting, and social media.
- December 2007 – Karen attended PubCon 2007 in Las Vegas NV. So much information was gathered that she continues to meet with colleagues who also attended in order to review notes, report on research, and strategize about the future of their businesses.
- September 2007 – Adventures Online celebrated 10 years in business with a big party at Longfellow’s Wayside Inn in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- September 2006 – Karen Callahan presented an introductory level session on Blogs entitled, “Blogs 101, to the Marlborough Chapter of Rotary International.
- May 2006 – Karen presented an introductory level session on Blogs entitled, “Blogs 101”, at the 495/MetroWest Business Expo 2006 in Framingham, MA.
- Karen Callahan presented “Getting Found 101: Search Engine-Friendly Websites” at Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Biz2Biz Showcase.
- Karen presented a technical session entitled Website Development and Maintenance to attendees of the 32nd Annual Convention of the National Association of Black Accountants held at the Hynes Auditorium in Boston, MA.
- Karen presented at the annual meeting of the Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association held in Falmouth, MA
- Karen was the technical editor for a Hungry Minds (formerly IDG Books Worldwide) book, “Technical Writing for Dummies”, written by Sheryl Lindsell Roberts.