Brown Bag Blogging® is a 6-week lunchtime workshop in Marlborough Massachusetts for WordPress® bloggers.
Purpose: To develop sound blogging skills that will engage your audience while getting the attention of the search engines and building confidence as a blogger.
Format is: 20 – 30 lecture/presentation, followed by a 60-minute open question period as attendees write in their blogs* & share experiences and information.
Who is it for? Persons who are blogging on a WordPress platform who:
- Are having difficulty keeping to a schedule
- Want to learn to get the tool to do the things they want it to do
- Need a refresher on uploading graphics, creating lists, creating links, indenting, and other formatting tasks
- Want to get better listings in the search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Need help working in “Code” view
- Need a few minutes of personal attention each week to get jump started
What will you learn?
- How to write to please the search engines so that your website will receive favorable treatment
- How to use (your version of) WordPress
- Tips for engaging your audience
- Parallel activities to help increase traffic to your website
Date: Fridays, starting February 13, 2009
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce, 11 Florence St., Marlborough, MA
Fee: $89.00 per person
Maximum 6 participants this series. Registration is closed for this series. Next series begins March 27, 2009 in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Attendees will receive a free eBook, (working title) “How to Make the Most of Your Blog” that provides tips for writing in your blog in a way that will get the attention of the search engines so that your website will receive favorable treatment by the search engines.
* A wireless connection is provided and included in the workshop fee. BYOL – Bring your own laptop!