CrossFit of Marlboro, Marlborough MA held a contest entitled 100 Push Ups for 100 Days
- Allow members participating in the Push Ups contest to enter the number of push ups they complete each day
- Allow members to access their own push up tallies and no one else’s
- Display tally of participants’ progress on the public website
- Create a password-protected data entry screen to captures members’ push ups each day
- Use “Participants” table to manage privileges and shield other participant’s information
- Create a screen to display members’ progress (See Push Up Contest Progress ) so other participants and CrossFit of Marlboro members can monitor the progress and cheer for their comrades
- The contest data entry screen is defined in a custom PHP program that is referenced in WordPress’ functions file.
- The built-in WordPress password-protection mechanism was used to control access to the contest data entry screen.
- Participants and privileges are stored in a custom table inside the WordPress database.
- The contest tracking data is stored in a custom table inside the WordPress database.
- The contest progress display screen is a custom php program, also referenced via the functions file.