WordPress automatically lists all of the Pages we create in the Pages list. Sometimes we create Pages that we don’t want to be listed with the other Pages. Maybe it is a private Page that you want to let a select few know about; maybe it is a Page that you will link to from within another Page and you don’t want it listed on its own…
How do you remove a Page from the Pages list?
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- On the menus on the left, look for Appearance. Click the arrow so that the Appearance drop-down menu displays.
- Click Widgets.
- When the Widgets page displays, look over to the right in the Sidebar section for the Pages tab.
- Click on the tab and the Pages dialogue box will display.
- Look for a box near Exclude: Enter the NUMBER of the Page to exclude.
- Save/Update and look at the website to ensure that the Page is no longer listed.
How do you know the number of a Page?
- Click the Pages tab on the left menus when you are in the Dashboard.
- When the list of pages displays, look for the page that you want to exclude.
- When you see the Page that you want to exclude, run the cursor over it so Edit displays.
Roll the cursor over Edit and look at the status bar on the bottom of the browser (where the address displays when you are going to link to another page). Write the number down that represents the Page.
- Ignore the fact the the word before the number is “post”. Also, some of you may have the date, month, or year listed as well, so, be sure to NOT take those numbers…just the page number.