Today I will be participating on a three-person panel at the Women’s Business Council meeting of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce. Emily Greenwood of EKG Networking in Marlborough, MA and Tracey Ingle of Ingle Law in Southborough, MA are the other two business professionals. (We have known each other, worked together, and referred each other for years, so, it will be a comfortable and fun panel!)
In preparing for the panel, I have been reflecting on Business Success; what that means, how you get there, what tools can help… Books for instance.
Top three books that come to mind today are:
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success – Deepak Chopra
- The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR – David Meerman Scott
I read these books after having been in business for a number of years. They helped me re-focus and re-energize my efforts.
I particularly liked The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra. Reading it and doing the mental exercises helped re-affirm that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing: website design and development. The answers to these two questions (paraphrased from the book) brought me to that conclusion.
- What is it that you are doing when you forget to eat, forget to look at the clock, shrug off that pain in your shoulders, stay up until all hours of the night?
- If everything in your life were taken care of… no money worries …no restrictions on you… what would you be doing?
There is one piece of the puzzle that isn’t in place for me to reach my “full truth” yet , but, I am aware of the piece that is missing and can make decisions that will bring me closer to it.
Armed with this knowledge, I move forward building a successful website business that makes both me and my clients happy.
I’m filing this under Best Practices because there is nothing better than working in your core competency and smiling at the same time.
How about you? What books do you recommend? Are you working in your True Self?