Congratulations to the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) in Marlborough, MA on the recent launch of their new website, DAVmarlborough.org.
Adventures Online was contacted early in 2013 to design and develop a website for this local organization that had never had a website. The organization’s requirements included:
- Ability for DAV officers to easily update the content on the pages
- Ability to grow the website by adding more pages as needed
- Ability to communicate with members in private. For example, to have private pages where members can sign up/volunteer to represent the DAV at the numerous functions in which it participates.
- Ability to upload images of events and fundraisers
- A Calendar of Events page with an easy-to-use updating program
WordPress was chosen as the framework for the website because of its ease-of-use for updating content, uploading images, adding pages, and creating private pages for communicating with group members. A popular Ajax calendar plugin was used for the Events page and the events list that displays in the right column on each page. A combination of a WordPress plugin and CSS was used to provide a responsive design. Just a little PHP customization was required.
After an hour and a half of WordPress training and practice, the designated DAV officer was updating the Calendar of Events like a pro!
Adventures Online was honored to develop the website pro bono as a small token of appreciation for the service and sacrifices of all veterans and their loved ones. We are grateful, and, we wish the DAV Marlborough the best of luck with their new WordPress website!