WordPress SEO Boot Camp now available in workshop format!
This is an ideal workshop for content writers and WordPress self-starters who want an introduction to search engine optimization (SEO) and to learn where to apply SEO techniques inside WordPress websites…and when pressed for time–which techniques take priority.
This is a fasten-your-seat-belt, hands-on workshop*. Bringing your laptop is essential.
The format of the workshop is alternating periods of presentation and exercise. The goal is to have you understanding and actually adding SEO to your website during the session.
When you leave the workshop
- You will be armed with a basic understanding of on-page SEO
- You will know a number of SEO components that attract (and repel) the search engines
- You will know where to add the SEO components in your content in order to get the best SEO results
- You will be aware of several strategies for keeping the SEO effort running
- You will be confident in your ability to continue the work on your own
* There is (simple) pre-work.
How does this differ from every other SEO workshop?
This workshop differs from other SEO workshops in that:
- It is focused specifically on SEO as it applies to a WordPress website
- You will actually be making meaningful adjustments to your web pages during the boot camp
- Attendance is limited to 6 to ensure that each participant receives personal attention and guidance
- Unlike other workshops, it is not focused on how to use a WordPress SEO plugin. SEO plugins are mentioned as enhancements to your work; they are not the foundation of the workshop. The workshop IS focused on how to use the native WordPress functionality (functionality that you use every day when you write in your blog or update pages) for your SEO gain.
What to expect
Enrollment is limited to six so that each participant has time to ask questions and receives individual attention during the workshop.
Each participant will receive a WP SEO Boot Camp workbook which includes room to take notes. On the day of the workshop, additional handouts will be given.
- Must have a website
- Must have a device (laptop, MacBook) capable of connecting via WiFi (in order to work on their website during the workshop)
- Must complete the pre-work (record logins for WordPress and FTP, and Write a blog post of 500 words minimum). Details will be sent upon registering.
Workshop will start promptly at 9:00 am. The workshop ends at Noon. You are welcomed to stay through the afternoon to continue working. I will be available for questions.
WiFi, electrical outlets and strips will be provided.
I have a lot of knowledge. I’ve been working with WordPress since 2004 and adding SEO to WordPress websites and taking SEO training (Pubcon, iThemes, Pantheon, Yoast Academy) for over a dozen years. Learn more about me (Karen Callahan). I frequently work behind the scenes for other developers, creative agencies, and marketers.
I am on a mission to help people understand that the work they do on their websites DOES influence their rank in the search engines. Google and Bing are not giving your website a poor rank. Your website is earning a poor rank. I explain why –and how to fix it.