March 2018 – Karen Callahan founder of Adventures Online presenting webinar on “The Value of a Website in a Social Media World”
Adventures Online was founded in 1997 by Karen Callahan, and since then, has evolved into a WordPress-centric business.
Karen is an avid networker and participates in several business networking organizations. She is currently an active member of:
Throughout the years, Karen has been active in other networking groups. For example, she was a:
- 19-year member of BNI Marlborough
- 17-year member of Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce. Karen served on the Board of Directors for the Chamber from 2009 – 2016. She co-chaired the Government Affairs Committee during those years.
- 2-year member of Corridor 9 Chamber of Commerce
In 2014, Karen was a Board member for The Communicators Club in Worcester, MA, prior to which she had been a member for several years.
In the early years of the Internet, she was a founding member of the local chapter of the Association of Internet Professionals (AIP-495) and served on its Board of Directors in 1990-2000. She was also a member and 3-term Board member of The Women’s Network in Westborough, MA.
See also Community Involvement and Support.
- 2022 – Karen was interviewed as the SEO Expert on the long-running Apple podcast, The Sassy Strategist. The host Kim Dawson, a business strategist, has posted it here for all to listen. https://bit.ly/CandidSEOwithKim
- 2022 – Karen collaborated with Susan Finn on co-producing & co-presenting a public webinar for small businesses entitled Get More Clients: Attract – Nurture – Convert – October 19, 2022
- 2022 – Karen was invited to be the SEO expert on ChannelWise – a firm that provides on-demand expert advice – Her category is: SEO strategy, SEO campaigns, SEO Consulting
- 2022 – Karen presented SEO 101: How to Sweet Talk Google into a Better Rank to the Boston Business Women’s group
- 2022 – Karen presented a mini version of Sweet Talk Google into a Better Rank to the Greater Boston NW chapter of Polka Dot Powerhouse, an international networking group for women
- 2018 – Karen co-produced & co-presented a 4-part Webinar series for entrepreneurs feeling overwhelmed by social media, “Harnessing Online Overwhelm“
- 2018 – Karen recorded several sessions on Twitch as she dabbled with presenting a series: Building Websites with WordPress
- October 2016 – Karen attended PubCon 2016 in Las Vegas
- 2016 – Karen was a co-organizer of the WordCamp Rhode Island
- June 2016 – Karen presented “What’s hot and What’s not in Websites” at the Annual meeting of the Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association
- 2015 – Karen was a co-organizer of the WordCamp Rhode Island
- February, 2014 – Karen presented “The Value of a Website in a Social Media World” at the monthly meeting of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Business Council
- December 2013 – Karen published a second Kindle book under a pen name
- September 12, 2013 – Karen was honored by the local Rotary chapter as an Honorary Member of the Marlborough Rotary Club
- June 2013 – Karen presented in Plymouth, MA at the Annual Half-Year Meeting of the Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association
- October 2012 – Karen attended PubCon 2012, the premiere SEO/SEM annual conference, in Las Vegas, NV
- September 2012 – Karen Callahan published her first Kindle book, “SEO for WordPress Power Bloggers“
- November 2009 – Karen attended PubCon 2009 in Las Vegas NV.
- February 2009 – Karen Callahan is named 2008 Business Person of the Year by the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce membership!
- December 2008 – Karen attended the Luxury Travel Expo and Home-Based Travel Agent Expo & Conference in Las Vegas. She attended the technical sessions in order to better understand the Internet strategies being used in the travel industry and especially the use of websites, texting, and social media.
- December 2007 – Karen attended PubCon 2007 in Las Vegas NV. So much information was gathered that she continues to meet with colleagues who also attended in order to review notes, report on research, and strategize about the future of their businesses.
- September 2007 – Adventures Online celebrated 10 years in business with a big party at Longfellow’s Wayside Inn in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- September 2006 – Karen Callahan presented an introductory level session on Blogs entitled, “Blogs 101, to the Marlborough Chapter of Rotary International.
- May 2006 – Karen presented an introductory level session on Blogs entitled, “Blogs 101“, at the 495/MetroWest Business Expo 2006 in Framingham, MA.
- Karen Callahan presented “Getting Found 101: Search Engine-Friendly Websites” at Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Biz2Biz Showcase.
- Karen presented a technical session entitled “Website Development and Maintenance” to attendees of the 32nd Annual Convention of the National Association of Black Accountants held at the Hynes Auditorium in Boston, MA.
- Karen presented at the annual meeting of the Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association held in Falmouth, MA
- Karen was the technical editor for a Hungry Minds (formerly IDG Books Worldwide) book, “Technical Writing for Dummies“, written by Sheryl Lindsell Roberts.