Adventures Online was hired by Steve McKenna & The Home Advantage Team of Arlington MA, the exclusive real estate sales team for Prescott Farms in Bedford MA. for this special project.
Adventures Online was hired to bring life to the online site plan as houses were being built. Although the plan is a simple drawing, there are highly complex, multi-tiered PHP programs running behind the scenes that make the site plan respond differently depending on the phase of the build, the clicking actions of the current viewer, and the status of the lot that is clicked.
- Website visitors should be able to:
- Quickly understand which lots are available with just a glance at the plan
- Click on each lot and learn the details about it, like the size of the lot, the home styles that can be built on it and the asking price for each home style
- Click on each home style to see the details of the home style, like see a rendering of the floor plan, a written description of the style and the parameters for customization.
- Staff should be able to:
- Change the status of a lot at any time
- Update information about each lot – like the size and the styles of homes that can be built on the lot
- Open and close phases of the build
- Add and remove lots from phases
- Updates should be immediately visible on the website.
- Assign colors to the different statuses that a lot can have. Add a legend to the site plan. *
- Create four graphics for each lot, one in each color (status) . *
- Create an online MySQL database to store the status and other information about each lot
- Write custom spreadsheet-like PHP programs to enable staff to update (add, change, delete) the status of the lots, the detailed information about each lot, the phase of the build, and the lots included in each phase.
- Write custom PHP programs to dynamically display a lot’s details (lot size, house styles available for this lot, and pricing for each house style on the lot) -depending on its status
- Write custom PHP programs to dynamically display information about each house style (like a rendering of the floor plan, a written description of the style, and customization parameters).
This is an ideal application for high-end real estate agents with exclusive agreements on new home developments!
[When all the lots were sold and the website was removed.]